Several main cruise traces this week introduced they’re once more extending their non permanent suspension of operations because of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic. Here’s the newest.
AmaWaterways on Thursday introduced an prolonged delay to the beginning of its 2020 crusing season. All river cruise operations will likely be suspended by July 31, 2020.
AmaWaterways says it’s mechanically issuing a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) equal to 115 p.c of the worth of the funds obtained for all bought providers by AmaWaterways (i.e. cruise, resort/land, air, and many others.), redeemable on any AmaWaterways river cruise in Africa, Europe or Asia embarking by December 31, 2022. The cruise line have additionally made these FCCs transferrable at any time previous to December 31, 2022 with the unique proprietor’s written authorization.
Holland America Line
Holland America Line has determined to increase its pause of world cruise operations and cancel all Alaska, Europe and Canada/New England cruises for 2020. In addition, Amsterdam won’t function the 79-day Grand Africa Voyage from Boston to Fort Lauderdale that was scheduled to depart on October 3, 2020. Holland America Line had beforehand cancelled all 2020 Land+Sea Journeys, which mix an Alaska cruise with an overland tour to Denali and the Yukon.
All visitors or their journey advisors will mechanically be notified if their cruise departure has been cancelled. Those with impacted cruises will mechanically be cancelled, and all visitors will obtain a Future Cruise Credit per individual as follows:
- Paid in Full: Those who had paid in full will obtain 125 p.c FCC of the bottom cruise fare paid to Holland America Line
- Not Paid in Full: Those with bookings not paid in full will obtain an FCC of double the quantity of the deposit paid for the cruise; the minimal FCC is $100 and the utmost will likely be an quantity as much as the bottom cruise fare paid
The Future Cruise Credit is legitimate for 12 months from the date of situation and could also be used to ebook sailings departing by December 31, 2022. All different funds paid to Holland America Line could also be transferred to a brand new reserving or will mechanically be refunded by way of the tactic of cost used to buy the providers.
Guests preferring a 100 p.c refund of monies paid to Holland America Line can go to the Cancellation Preferences kind to point this desire no later than June 15, 2020. This consists of Holland America Line’s Flight Ease air, Cancellation Protection Plan, Holland America Line pre- or post-cruise resort packages or transfers, pay as you go shore excursions and facilities bought by Holland America Line, and taxes, charges and port bills.
The above choices usually are not relevant to visitors booked on a constitution crusing. Other reserving and cancellation circumstances and insurance policies might apply if the cruise was not booked by Holland America Line. See the phrases and circumstances on the Cancellation Preferences kind for all particulars.
Holland America Line provides it should defend journey advisor commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises that had been paid in full and for the overall quantity of the Future Cruise Credits when their purchasers rebook.
Princess Cruises is extending its pause of world ship operations and has canceled choose cruises by the tip of the 2020 summer season season, together with the next cruises and related cruisetours:
- All remaining Alaska cruises on Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess
- All remaining Europe and Transatlantic cruises on Enchanted Princess, Regal Princess, Sky Princess, Crown Princess and Island Princess
- Summer Caribbean cruises and all Canada and New England cruises on Caribbean Princess and Sky Princess
- Summer to fall cruises departing from Japan on Diamond Princess
- Australia-based cruises on Sapphire Princess and Sea Princess by August
- July cruises crusing from Taiwan on Majestic Princess
- Fall cruises crusing to Hawaii and French Polynesia on Pacific Princess by November
Guests presently booked on these canceled voyages, who’ve paid Princess in full, can have the choice to obtain an FCC equal to 100 p.c of the cruise fare, paid plus an extra bonus FCC equal to 25 p.c of the cruise fare. For visitors who haven’t paid in full, Princess will present a refundable FCC for the cash presently on deposit, plus an identical bonus FCC that can be utilized on any voyage by May 1, 2022. The matching bonus FCC won’t exceed the bottom cruise fare quantity of the presently booked cruise and can have a minimal worth of $100 per individual.
Alternatively, visitors can request a full refund for all monies paid on their reserving by this on-line kind. Requests have to be obtained by June 15, 2020, or they may obtain the refundable Future Cruise Credit possibility.
Princess says it should defend journey advisor commissions on bookings for cancelled cruises that had been paid in full.
Seabourn Cruise Line
Seabourn introduced that it’ll prolong the voluntary pause of world operations for its 5 cruise ships. The pause will apply to every of Seabourn’s 5 ships in a different way with every having a distinct “effective through” date in both October or November. Specific particulars are as follows:
- Seabourn Odyssey: Paused by the Europe season, with its operations pause efficient by November 20
- Seabourn Sojourn: Paused by Alaska/British Columbia season, with its operations pause efficient by October 13
- Seabourn Quest: Paused by the Canada/New England season, with its operations pause efficient by November 6
- Seabourn Encore: Paused by the Europe season, with its operations pause efficient by October 19
- Seabourn Ovation: Paused by Europe season, with its operations pause efficient by November 6
The model had beforehand introduced a pause in its international ship operations from March 14 – June 30, 2020, successfully cancelling all voyages scheduled to function throughout that timeframe. Seabourn will likely be speaking modifications for voyages scheduled to depart within the extension window with all booked visitors and their journey advisors.
Guests with impacted cruises will mechanically be cancelled, and all visitors will obtain a Future Cruise Credit as follows:
- Paid in Full: these visitors paid in full will obtain 125 p.c FCC of the bottom cruise fare paid to Seabourn
- Under Deposit: these visitors with bookings below deposit will obtain an FCC valued at 125 p.c of the deposit quantity paid, plus an onboard credit score of $300 per suite
The Future Cruise Credit is legitimate for 12 months from the date of situation and could also be used to ebook sailings departing by December 31, 2022. The quantity of non-cruise fare purchases could also be transferred to a brand new reserving for use in any method chosen by the visitor. Alternatively, visitors might request a refund of the monies paid to Seabourn, which will likely be reimbursed to the unique type of cost.
Guests and their journey advisors will likely be despatched particular particulars relevant to their reserving. Seabourn asks visitors and journey advisors to make use of the web sources obtainable on its web site first moderately than calling the Reservation Call Center for details about the cancellations on account of the potential for excessive name volumes and the potential of lengthy on-hold wait occasions.
This article initially appeared on www.travelagentcentral.com.