Viking has formally launched Viking.TV, a brand new digital platform designed to supply cultural content material and livestreaming video experiences from around the globe. Announced in a video from chairman Torstein Hagen and government vice chairman Karine Hagen, Viking.TV was conceived as a method to construct group, keep linked and share constructive experiences at a time when persons are staying dwelling, fairly than touring, because of the coronavirus pandemic.
“Right now, we are all staying at home instead of traveling together, but that does not have to mean that the only thing we can do is watch the news,” mentioned Karine. “My father, Torstein Hagen, and I felt that if we cannot for the time being bring our guests to the world, let’s bring the world to our guests. Viking.TV is a way for us to continue exploring the world in comfort—from the comfort of our homes.”
In addition to housing a library of enriching content material that Viking friends would have loved onboard their respective cruise itineraries, Viking.TV may even have stay content material from quite a lot of specialists, cultural companions and notable people. Each day at 11 a.m. PT within the “Conversations with Karine and Friends” part of the positioning, there will probably be a livestream dialog, demonstration or digital tour the place viewers can take part by submitting questions in actual time. All content material classes will probably be archived for anybody who can not view on the authentic time of broadcast. The schedule of each day members will probably be introduced each Sunday, and viewers can anticipate the next themes every day:
- Museum Mondays – On Viking.TV, Museum Mondays will take the place of the onboard “Munch Moments” occasion; viewers can anticipate classes with director and varied curators from Oslo’s Munch Museum, offering digital privileged entry to exhibitions, specialists and restoration amenities. Additional museums might also take part sooner or later.
- Resident Historian Tuesdays – Viking’s Resident Historian school supplies friends with lectures and roundtable discussions on important milestones in world historical past. Each Tuesday, a Resident Historian will host an iconic lecture adopted by a Q&A session.
- Wednesdays with Music – On Wednesdays, Viking.TV will spotlight a number of the world’s most attention-grabbing artists, composers and conductors of the musical world.
- Guest Speaker Thursdays – Every Thursday, Viking.TV viewers can take pleasure in conversations with quite a lot of teachers and people; upcoming hosts embody British broadcaster journalist Anne Diamond, world-renowned Norwegian explorer Liv Arnesen, and Xander Parish, principal dancer with the Mariinsky Ballet in St. Petersburg.
- Fridays at Home at Highclere Castle – Every Friday, guests to Viking.TV can get a glimpse of life “At Home at Highclere,” as Lady Carnarvon broadcasts excursions and conversations.
- Wellness Weekends – Saturdays and Sundays on Viking.TV are devoted to wellbeing throughout unsure occasions and can embody workers from the LivNordic spas onboard Viking’s ocean ships, in addition to different chosen hosts, largely specializing in yoga and meditation.
The first “Fridays at Home at Highclere Castle” livestream formally launched Friday, April 3, and the following session will happen subsequent Friday, April 10, at 11 a.m. PT.
In addition to the each day content material classes, guests to Viking.TV can entry Viking-produced vacation spot insights, that are hosted by Karine and showcase historical past, artwork and tradition from around the globe. Viking.TV additionally consists of studying lists, filmography and music playlists by fashionable itinerary. Those who wish to get inventive of their dwelling kitchen will take pleasure in “The Kitchen Table,” a digital cookbook on Viking.TV that gives recipes browsable by nation. Visitors may even submit their very own favourite recipes! We like that, for friends who have been trying ahead to seeing their Viking household of onboard crew throughout their voyage, Viking.TV features a discussion board the place friends and crew can change greetings.