If you’re planning a Europe vacation, you may’ve heard of Schengen visa already. There are sure new visa guidelines in 2020 that may change the best way you apply for a Schengen visa. Know this earlier than getting began in your Europe journey!
First issues first. The Schengen space includes 26 European international locations which have standardized their visa coverage and act as a single zone for tourism functions. You want a Schengen visa to journey inside or throughout any of the Schengen areas for a interval of 90 days.
The 26 Schengen visa international locations are – Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Greece, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, and Slovenia. Now let’s dive in.
Note that you could be or could not want a Schengen visa to entry the Schengen international locations relying in your kind of nationality and visa class. Check right here in the event you want a Schengen visa. And that doesn’t embody you, Indian passport holder! You undoubtedly want a Schengen visa. Read forward, we’re breaking it down for you 🙂
New Schengen visa guidelines in 2020
1. Let’s begin with probably the most useful information – Eased guidelines for multiple-entry Schengen visas for Frequent Europe travellers
Frequent travellers to Europe are actually eligible for a multiple-entry Schengen visa legitimate for as much as 1, Three or 5 years based mostly on how clear their visa historical past is. The solely catch? You shouldn’t keep for greater than 90 days inside a span of 180 days. Although this rule existed earlier, the parameters are clearer and extra outlined now.
Checklist to get a multiple-entry Schengen visa:
- The applicant ought to have obtained and used Schengen visas thrice within the earlier two years (and extra for getting 3 & 5-year legitimate visas).
- Positive visa historical past is necessary.
- The applicant ought to have clear causes for visiting a number of instances throughout the validity interval.
- It’s necessary to have proof of sturdy monetary standing.
- The applicant wants to use and get journey insurance coverage for the primary journey with the multiple-entry Schengen visa.
2. Increased price of Schengen visa functions
You now must pay 80 Euros per utility the place you used to pay 60 Euros. And for kids of 6-12 years of age, the charge has hiked from 35 Euros to 40 Euros. This is just not dangerous information as Schengen visas nonetheless price a lot decrease than different nation visas.
3. Necessity to use six months upfront
With the brand new rule in impact, you’ll be able to apply for a Schengen visa six months upfront earlier than your journey — not 90 days. This may be very useful for travellers who’ve their journey dates prepared a lot upfront. The newest you’ll be able to apply for a Schengen visa is 15 days earlier than your journey, though the visa success price massively varies.
4. Facility to fill, signal and submit the visa utility utterly on-line
Starting February 2, 2020, you’ll be able to signal your Schengen visa utility electronically and submit it on-line. Ensure that the signal is recognisable, and matches the sign up your unique paperwork.
Now that the visa course of is obvious, it’s time to plan your large Europe vacation — select from these handcrafted Europe itineraries from Pickyourtrail!
Planning a last-minute journey? Why not, now we have an unique set of itineraries for visa-free international locations to journey to. Don’t wait any longer!
Updated as of March 1, 2020. Please examine the visa guidelines earlier than making use of as they’re topic to frequent adjustments.